Skip to main content

Spirit of Place : angel poem for Thora Rd section tyrion to Jasmine


WAITING, on the bridges 24.06.06

the bridge of life-to-life
collects, collapses, collides.
O how we (shriven) are driven,
towards a distant goal.
That Light of all lights,
cannot it not be so,
and we expect beauty.

I could not come of it
nor rise
into that
though once upon a time
it may have been so.

The pain and the knowledge
are forerunners,

and then comes grief.
I open my heart to receive.
I open my eyes , to see,
Beauty, as never before ,
revealed
in such majestic
and utter
splendour
I could not ever expect.


Leaves fall from trees.
They are doves
laying down their lives
for me
at my feet.


A mountain of ghost gums
look on
and nod.
Wisdom is waiting here
deep in the heart core centre
deep in the lore.

I fulfill its agenda
in my walking
in my waking
life
o so far away from here.


I must be, and there must be,
hope and hopefulness,
crossing over,
today,
of all days,
the Waiting.

Comments