Skip to main content

angel haiku from the Purple Book 1994

the days have only just begun
when the world shall hear
crumbling


the wind has its ways
the wind has its ears
speak gently
like breath


weaving
magic
time hides
I fly


silly,
you are no-one.
Come
take me


the heart of all things
knows embrace
as I would know you


the silence
is in seasons
and between
the ripe plum and the seeding


listening to the cares
we forge steel
and shape
history

in sounds of light
the reason becomes exotic.
Thunder

in ancient testimony
the lance
finds its way
again

these pure calls
arise
as the spirit,
wills


on opening eyes
the day touches
a soft soul

this wisdom filled storehouse
bequests
new breath.
Solomon

A bird hovers
a leaf blows
my heart’s astir.


In quiet rows
the flowers bloom.
all too soon they fade


my heart
has tender desires
that come back,
to Rest


even in the sea spray,
the dolphin’s jump
and the camel’s lope
I see you,
Movement


The partners are
lightning and thunder
but the Will is forsaken.
No
dance,

the day breaks again
night is shrugged off
a telltale sign
as if we could pass
between ages


Comments